The Saint-Ulric Folk Art Sculptures Festival want to be an event that aims at a wide public with the following objectives :
- Present the Quebec Folk art sculpture to the attention of a larger audience;
- Be a showcase for Quebec Folk art sculptors ;
- Stimulate new talents in Folk art sculpture.
By his entertaining aspect, the whirligigs contest aims at a large public of all ages and origins.
The festival have been assured the collaboration of resource’s people in Folk Art :
- Mister Ken Meany : Collector and expert in Folk Art, co-presenter of the emission The fever of the auctions on the channel Historia. He was lender for the realization of several exhibitions of Folk Art sculptures.
- Mister Bernard Genest : He was responsible for a long time for files in ethnological heritage for the Ministry of Culture and for Communications of Quebec. Collector of Folk art for several years, he was lender and commissioner invited for the realization of exhibitions of animal sculptures at the Museum of the Lower-Saint-Lawrence, at the Museum of the civilization and at the Museum of Charlevoix. He is also the author of d’Un monde peuplé d’animaux at Quebec Schedule / museum of the Civilization in 1986. In 1993, he was a member of the jury of the international Competition of Naïve Art to North Hatley, Quebec.
- Mrs. Dominique Lapointe : She is an agent of development for the artistic succession to the Council of the Culture of Lower-Saint-Lawrence. Holder of university diplomas in plastic arts then in education of plastic arts, Dominique Lapointe accumulated working experiences diversified both in teaching and as a cultural worker; since 2010, she assured the coordination of the program at the center of artists Caravanserai situated to Rimouski.
- Mister Adrien Levasseur : collector and expert in Folk Art, author of two books : ‘Sculpteurs en art populaire’’ volume 1 and volume 2 . M. Levasseur will present a part of his collection at the exhibition, he will give a conference and will be member of the jury for the Folk Art Fair and the Whirligigs Contest. M. Levasseur washonorary president and member of the jury for the Folk Art Fair and the Whirligigs Contest. He has participated at the prize awarding
- Mister Jean-François Blanchette : curator of the antique furniture and decorative arts section of the Canadian Civilizations Museum of Gatineau . M. Blanchette was member of the jury for the Folk Art Fair and the Whirligigs Contest. He has participated at the prize awarding.
- Mrs. Louise de Grosbois : fellow-author of the book « Les patenteux du Québec’ et ’Lâchés Lousses: Les Fêtes Populaires Au Québec, En Acadie Et En Louisiane. » Madam de Grosbois was member of the jury for the Folk Art Fair and the Whirligigs Contest. She has participated at the prize awarding.
The festival have also been assured the collaboration of local volunteers and enterprises.
List of the website header photos from left to right :
Cock logo : Patrick Lavallée, Montérégie
Weathervane : Guy Montembeault, Centre-du-Québec
Plane : Michel Fortin, Québec
Puppets : Bruno Champagne, Québec
Chasse galerie : Patrick Lavallée, Bas-St-Laurent
Fish : André Escojido, Québec
Louis Cyr, : Michel Fortin, Québec
Pecking hen : André Escojido, Québec